The Wikipedia has a list of slang terms relating to the bear community:
· Bear run – a gathering or circuit party for bear/cub types and their admirers.
· Chaser – short for chubby chaser, or a smooth guy who likes hairy men.
· Chub – a heavy set gay man. May or may not be a bear (chubby bear is a common term).
· Cub – a younger (or younger looking) version of a bear, typically but not always with a smaller frame. The term is sometimes used to imply the passive partner in a relationship. Can be hairy or hairless.
· Goldilocks – a female, often heterosexual, who is often in the company of bears (a bear's fag hag).
· Otter – a man who is hairy, but is not large or stocky – typically thinner, swimmer's build, or with lean muscle or no muscle.
· Panda bear – a bear of Asian descent.
· Pocket bear – a short bear.
· Polar bear – a silver- or white-haired bear.
· Wolf – a term for a muscle bear who is a rugged outdoorsy or biker type.
· Woof – a greeting used to express physical attraction (sometimes when a bear sees another bear in public).
I have not never known the significance of these slang terms but I definitely like the Goldilocks, Polar and Pocket bear terms.
And now I am going through a phase to accept myself as OTTER :)